Alexa Chung For Marks and Spencer

04:28

Yesterday some very exciting news was announced - Alexa Chung has collaborated with M&S and her range will be launching in April. The range is called Archive by Alexa and consists of 31 ready-to-wear items.


"It was so fun to be given the keys to the M&S archive and such a treat to get to cherry pick the very best of their vast collection of pieces" Alexa told Vogue.
The collection will consist of designs inspired by and taken from the M&S archive that Chung has updated through pattern, colour and restyling. She stated to Vogue that she feels the looks are "every bit as relevant today" as they were then.


With current trends being a real mixture of the decades this seems like a great premise for a collection. The high street is brimming with seventies style, but there is also a little influence from the sixties, seventies, eighties and even the nineties creeping in. We seem to be loving the clothes of all the bygone eras and simply cannot make up our minds on which to copy, so we're mixing them all. I love this though, why stick to one when you can have it all, I think it's much funner to change it up and also prevents us from looking like we're simply stuck in a time warp - no one wants that.


This collection is the first of the M&S &... series for which the retailer will invite designers and trend setters to create capsule collections. After creating my own theoretical range for Marks and Spencer for my university course I am really excited that this is a route M&S have decided to take. When I studied them it was apparent that they really needed to make some sort of change that would encourage our generation to shop with them and I think this is exactly the sort of change required. I'm looking forward to seeing who the rest of the ranges are by and I think for the first collection Alexa is an absolutely perfect choice.

Last year Alexa caused a fashion frenzy over an M&S suede skirt costing £199, causing the item to sell out almost immediately simply from being pictured in it. She's exactly the kind of fashion forward yet relatable celebrity that can catapult the brand back into the limelight among us millennials.


I cannot wait for April so I can hopefully get my hands on this range. I absolutely love Alexa's unique but classic style and I'm positive this will be reflected in the collection.

I've also recently been loving Alexa's series for British Vogue on their YouTube channel and if you haven't seen it I highly recommend you head over to watch that here. If like me you are studying fashion or if you just have an interest in the industry this documentary gives a really interesting and lighthearted insight.


*Disclaimer - images of Archive collection copyrighted to Marks&Spencer

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Talk To Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Instagram